What is Slack?
Slack is a collaboration hub that can replace email to help you and your team work together seamlessly.
A Slack workspace is made up of channels, where team members can communicate and work together.
- Only the 10k most recent messages are searchable
- 5 GB storage / Workspace
- 1 to 1 voice calls
- Only 10 App integrations
- Limited Analytics
- Unlimited Messages
- 10 GB storage / member
- Up to 15 people for voice calls (+ added features)
- Unlimited Apps
- Multi / Single Channel guests
- All Standard Features
- 20 GB storage / member
- 24 / 7 support
- Real time Active Directory
- 99.99% guaranteed uptime
- Create a dedicated announcement channel
- Organize your work by channels (e.g.: a channel per project)
- Connect the tools you use everyday (e.g.: Outlook, GSuite)
- Adopt shared channels (collaborate in / outside your org)
- Post status updates (on a call, having lunch, etc.)
- Make calls without leaving Slack (integrated options)
Security - Using Slack in Government
Slack should only be used for unclassified transitory information. All Government of Canada Information Management policies must be followed when dealing with classified, sensitive or non-transitory information.
For additional support, check out: Should it be blocked in my Department?